Questions to freelancers!

• Hi! I have questions to all the e-residents who work as freelancers and who have already created a company in Estonia. I appreciate any answers to the questions!

1. As a freelancer, why is it better to be an e-resident and work through a company in Estonia (OÜ) rather than just working through platforms such as UpWork (www.upwork.com) or Freelancer (www.freelancer.com)?

2. Are there any obstacles in running the company in Estonia while you are physically doing business outside of Estonia?

3. Are you using the company only for management, taxes, etc. (i.e. to communicate with authorities) or is it a benefit also for clients (e.g. signing documents)?

4. Do you do your business with other e-residents' companies, too?

Thanks in advance!

Views

• Hi Kristjan

Your questions are very dependent upon where you are personally taxable as well as where you deliver your personal services or products. In my case I reside and am taxable in Anguilla on personal and corporate income .. which is at a zero rate for both. Hence I have less need for an Estonian company than most. But, there are still overwhelming advantages of "reputation", "due diligence" "operating digitally" and as an EU hub. That said ... see inserts in your questions below...

@Kristjan-Julius-Laak said:

Hi! I have questions to all the e-residents who work as freelancers and who have already created a company in Estonia. I appreciate any answers to the questions!

As a freelancer, why is it better to be an e-resident and work through a company in Estonia (OÜ) rather than just working through platforms such as UpWork (www.upwork.com) or Freelancer (www.freelancer.com)?

THE OÜ GIVES YOU LIMITED LIABILITY AND A LAYER OF NON TAXATION UNTIL AND UNLESS YOU DIVIDEND. WORKING DIRECTLY OR THROUGH PLATFORMS LEAVES YOU VULNERABLE TO TAX WHERE YOU LIVE AS WELL AS TO PERSONAL LAW SUITS.

Are there any obstacles in running the company in Estonia while you are physically doing business outside of Estonia?

NONE THAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED EXCEPT VAT WHICH THE OÜ MUST COLLECT FROM THE CLIENT AND ON-PAY TO THE GOVERNMENT

Are you using the company only for management, taxes, etc. (i.e. to communicate with authorities) or is it a benefit also for clients (e.g. signing documents)?

BOTH INCLUDING MY INDUCEMENTS FOR THE CLIENTS TO ALSO HAVE E-RESIDENCY ... AGAIN, BECAUSE I WANT TO CHECK THEIR BONA FIDES AND THIS IS A CHEAP AND EFFECTIVE WAY TO DO DUE DILIGENCE ON THEM.

Do you do your business with other e-residents' companies, too?

YES AND THE CONNECTIONS WHICH I WOULD NOT OTHERWISE HAVE DISCOVERED ... HAVE BEEN AWESOME!

GOOD LUCK AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO CHAT ONE-ON-ONE IF I CAN BE OF MORE ASSISTANCE.

CHEERS
    LYN

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!