Due Diligence

• There is much discussion about where to bank ... personally and corporately. Most banks outside Estonia are reluctant to admit that e-residency, in and of itself, constitutes a significant amount of "due diligence" which all banks and financial institutions are compelled to perform on their clients ... old and new! As eResNetwork members we should develop lists of cooperative institutions similar to the recent discussions on Virtual Office service providers. The easier it is to establish a bank account .. the more valuable e-residency becomes. I am working on this in Anguilla, Canada and the USA ... but have had little success to date :-(

Views

• We truly should combine the knowledge about these companies that are more cooperative than others. In the end that is what this platform is all about, bringing together people and their know-how.

@Lynwood-Sewell-Bell continue the list here or make another topic? Any ideas on creating a subcategory on this topic of cooperative companies?

eResNetwork Community Manager
    kaspar@eresnetwork.eu

• I think this would make an excellent and valuable new category unto itself. Within that main category each country with e-residency/digital identity friendly companies and banks could constitute a different subcategory. Or possibly co-opting the existing e-services category for this purpose and then begin separating out all offerings by country within each of the 3 sub-categories themselves (personal, business and social).

• Dear Kaspar and James, I agree this may be a topic that requires its own space but I don't know how to escalate or move the topic to a difference category ... nor which one it should fall under!

Additionally, my other threads of identity + reputational capital under "Why E-resideny "... and "Intellectual Property Residence" all seem to tie together under e-residency and X-Road in general.

What we are building with the eResNetwork site is a global rallying point for international collaboration and cooperation with "e-residence" as the "social and business glue" among everything! I hasten to add that that concept also overflows into the IoT realm where "things" will need similar identities and rallying points!

This is becoming huge!

Congratulations and Best Wishes for 2016!
    Lyn

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!