New use cases for eResidency

• So, at the risk of someone implementing this idea independently :) - I was toying with various use cases and scenarios for eResidency beyond what wonderful ideas are already in circulation.

I am looking at garnering interest for physical devices that leverage e-residency. In other words, I’d like to build a building security access system (which mostly today are swipe card readers) that instead leverage the eID card, require entry of the PIN code, and authenticate, over the Internet, the validity and status of the eResident (as well as registering that the person is entering the building).

This may be useful for physical access to secure areas (including data centers, bank facilities, offices, etc.) as well as for other purposes. Presumably, the use case will be mostly in Estonia, but I can see over time, with the respect and attention eResidency is getting, that other European countries may consider this as well (thus increasing the number of eResidents!)

I’m guessing that the hardware programming requirements are different than the dev requirements shared online on the wiki, so I’d like to find some folks to discuss this idea with.

Thanks,
    Ravi

Views

• In RaulWalter we created a solution that might suit the requirements in the post. The name is "Enterprise ID".
    According to what we have, and your interests, we consider this to be a possible viable option.
    If you like we could discuss it further.
    Best,

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!